Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Mom! And Other Randomness

Today's post is comprised of some explanations of my pictures.

One and Two
Mothers' Day was wonderful. Talking with my family is always a huge plus!! I love them! And I know I'll be with them forever, which just makes me so excited! My family is so important to me, and my mom is a huge blessing in my life. She's always been there for me and has set an extraordinary example of gospel living for me. Everything she does lets me know that she has an unshakeable belief in Christ. She is rock solid and I know she loves me and the rest of our family. I love you, Mom!!

Three
My other pictures are less spiritual. Here we have a picture of a burned down trailer. It's amazing how little there is left of it. The neighbor across the street is a member of the church, and she told us it caught fire while the family was gone and just burned so fast. I believe it!

Four
This one is of my wonderful companion and myself. We helped unload and sort food at the annual food drive. It was fun but exhausting! We were there all day, and it was super humid. We had also forgotten to eat lunch before we left. We didn't think we'd be there as long as we were! So we took a couple breaks. It was really fun!

Five
Lastly, we have this wonderful cockroach. We found it on our floor one morning. It's hard to tell in the picture, but this thing was like over an inch long. This is a regular occurance at the "cottage," as we've nicknamed it. We find roaches upside down, dead, in the middle of the floor. I'm glad we don't have these in Utah...

My favorite part about this week is that the gospel just... I don't even know how to describe it... It feels more true every single day. I know Christ is the Savior of the world, and that God is our Father. Nothing could be more true than those two things.

Love y'all!!

Sister McKay






No comments:

Post a Comment