Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Always Act

There's this funny thing about the gospel.

The gospel requires you to do.

Act.

Become.

A couple weeks ago, I was having a rough time. I was really pretty depressed. I missed my family, was so done talking to people who didn't want to talk to me, and frankly wanted to go home. It seemed that no matter how hard I prayed or tried to have more charity or tried to have a positive attitude, nothing was getting better. No matter how hard I tried to increase my faith, faith just didn't seem to be enough.

Until I realized something.

I had been so caught up in the fact that I didn't want to talk to people that I really hadn't for a while. I wasn't doing what God had called me on a mission to do.

After getting a blessing of comfort, I knew I had to take action. (There it is again.)

I started trying to be more obedient to the mission rules every day, and I started trying to talk to people even when it was awkward.

You know what happened?

I felt the Spirit.
I felt more strength come from God.
And I was happy.

Y'all...

Do!

Act!

Become!

When you actually follow the instructions the Lord gives you, that's when the blessings come.

I know it. I have no doubts about it. You can know it too.

Love y'all!

Sister McKay

1. Stake conference with all the missionaries!
2. Zone conference. Sister Grayson loves to snap pictures without warning us! I kinda like my hair in this one though...
3. Also stake conference!
4. Leaving technology conference (a.k.a. smartphone prep) with our chill ride. We got cat-called on the street. And all the other missionaries loved us.
5. Last p-day.
6. After Stephanie's baptism. "Uh. Ma'am? Could you, uh-... Oh. Nevermind."
7. Blueberries have become our best friends.














No comments:

Post a Comment