Tuesday, February 28, 2017

One Uponce a Time...




The most unexpected things happened to me on my first day in the field.

1. My companion is super short. A whole foot shorter than me.
2. I went to South Carolina! Wasn't expecting that one...
3. Well... the very first day, my companion got sick. She must have eaten something bad at the restaurant we want to for lunch with some members. That was... unfortunate. I felt so bad for her. But she felt bad for me! So. We're good. ;) Adventures, am I right?

Learning the Language
You know how people say that Southern is a whole new language?

IT'S TRUE.

There are three "languages" out here (courtesy of Sister Hale's explanations):

Southern Belle: This is the one that's light an airy. e.g., "Hey, y'all! How's it goin'?"
Southern Redneck: e.g.,"MR ducks." "MR not!" "OSAR! CM wangs?" "LIB. MR ducks." (Ask my dad about that one.)
Southern Ebonics: e.g., "Whatchoo gon' do wid it?"

That's all I got time for, y'all! Pictures next week!

Sister McKay

No comments:

Post a Comment