Wednesday, August 16, 2017

New Companion, and Yes, I Took Over the Area

We went 70-some-odd miles yesterday.

Usually we go 30-40.

#SisterMcKayTookOverTifton

Yes, this usually happens. While a missionary gets used to figuring out where things are, they often go way overboard on miles. Right now, we have a total of 1150 miles to use this month, and that's 50 down from last month. The good news is that we should be okay on miles as long as we get a ride to the two district meetings this transfer that will be outside of Tifton. The bad news is that, while Sister McKay figures out how to arrange visits so that miles will be used most efficiently, miles are... not being used very efficiently...

But it's okay! Missions are adventures! That's why we have prayer. And inspiration.

My new companion's name is Sister Lanigan. She's from the LA area in Cali, and she went to high school in Park City, UT. She's the oldest of 3 and likes the color pink, milk duds, and cherries. She's the bomb, and I love her to death already!!

Shout out to my 8-year-old brother, Mason, who got baptized on Saturday! I couldn't be more proud of him. I'm sad that I missed his baptism, but I'm so happy that he's making the best decision ever!

The gospel's true, the Book is blue, and Moroni's on the ball!

(That's a saying I've heard from missionaries around here.)

Love all y'all!!

Sister McKay

A note from Amory's mom:
We decided very unexpectedly to buy a house in Herriman. It's such a great opportunity that we couldn't pass it up. We were pretty worried about Amory's reaction so we sent her an email and told her she might want to have her companion make a video of her reaction. Here are some screenshots of that video. She was surprised! But ALL smiles!




No comments:

Post a Comment