Tuesday, October 17, 2017

10-17-17 Miles to Go Before I Sleep and Promises to Keep

First, a Scripture
Doctrine and Covenants 24:12: "And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men."

Hm. Sounds familiar.

I'm on a mission.
I go out day and night.
I'm doing my best to share the gospel with everyone I meet, wherever I go.

And then that beautiful promise at the end: "I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men."

Miles to Go Before I Sleep
Sometimes, serving a mission is hard. But I've been learning more about Christ's Atonement and what it means for me. I have been amazed at how I've been able to keep going and going every day, even when I get tired, or I miss my family and friends, or we aren't having success. Sometimes I can't believe how optimistic and hopeful I still am, even though we've been rejected over and over and experienced disappointments all day long.

Promises Kept... by God
We've started teaching this family, the Johnsons. I talked about the dad, Reno, last week. We were finally able to have another lesson with them yesterday, and they've accepted our invitation to be baptized! We're working towards December 9th, which happens to be Sister Lanigan's birthday. We've been praying so hard for them! We really hope it works out. They were a huge blessing to us since we've been working so hard lately and haven't been finding many people. God prepares people in amazing ways, and the Johnsons are so prepared to receive the gospel!

God gives us tender mercies every day, little things that remind us why we're here. Little things like those remind me why I'm on my mission.

I know God loves me. I've felt it. I feel it when I get that indescribable warm feeling when I do something or learn something good. And you can feel His love, too, if you seek for it and pray. Ask Him for that feeling of love and peace and ultimate joy. Then go live the commandments and search it out.

Love y'all!! The gospel is so true! I've never had more difficult experiences my whole life, but I've never had happier times, either! I know God is lifting me up and helping me to feel His love. That's why I'm here. To share it.

What will you do when you feel His love?

Sister McKay

Sorry there aren't any pictures with me in them!

These are both from when I went on exchange to Albany:
We got to drive by Sherwood Baptist, the people who filmed Courageous, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, etc.
And the tree tunnel!! I love trees! They're amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment