Tuesday, December 5, 2017

#LightTheWorld

#LightTheWorld

If you haven't watched the #LightTheWorld video yet, go watch it! I've watched it a bunch of times, and it doesn't get old. See how you can show others some love this month.

Because that's what the gospel is all about! The Savior served others out of love for His fellow men. We can do the same.

We have been handing out special #LightTheWorld cards like nobody's business! Everyone is SO open to talking about Christ during the Christmas season, it's a HUGE blessing.

Christ
Lately I've been studying prayer. I printed out about 20 (actually, I counted and it was 20) conference talks about prayer, and I've been studying them intensely. I actually didn't mean to print that many. I just started printing and printing and then I was like, "Um, I think this is enough talks now..."

Sometimes we take prayer for granted. I know I have. I started to realize how much I needed it to get through some of the stressful times I've had on my mission: trying to spread the gospel, being with a companion 24/7 (like, literally, we're never out of sight or hearing distance of each other), working together with said companion, working with and talking to everyone, and also being away from home for Christmas for the first time.

There are lots of other things that are so stressful too, and last week I was starting to feel so overwhelmed. I finally decided that I needed to pray, but I needed to learn how to pray effectively, and I needed to learn quick! Hence the 20 talks.

As I learned and practiced, I felt the strength and comfort I needed. I learned that prayer is literally like having a conversation with a Father who loves me and wants to listen. And He's perfect at listening and understanding.

Please pray. God is our Father. He wants to listen to you, and He hears you. Have a conversation with Him. And go to church!

Love,
Sister McKay

1 & 2. Sister Lanigan and I are 5 days apart (her birthday is the 9th). A member bought us an ice cream cake to share with us and Elder Bowler, whose birthday is the 6th. We had a mini birthday party. And the little one photo-bombed.
3. This tree has asked that we creepily stalk all children at the park. (Or give them Jesus cards. That works, too.)
4. We volunteered at the animal shelter on Monday (washing dog bowls and litter boxes! Yay!). It was on Dog Catcher Blvd, which we thought was hilarious.





No comments:

Post a Comment