Thursday, December 14, 2017

Statesboro!

New Area, New Comp
So, I actually knew last week that the Tifton sisters area would be closing. But I wasn't allowed to tell anyone. And it was SO. HARD. To keep it a secret. Oh man.

So now I'm in Statesboro with Sister Pitchford! Whoo!

She is from California and loves the color green. She's been out 13 months. She is so so cute and a giant ball of energy! But I'm still taller than her. ;)

Bye-bye, Tifton!
I said goodbye to everyone in Tifton! It's so hard to leave. I've discovered that I get attached to people. Because I love them. And it's hard to leave them behind. I hate leaving people behind. But here's what I learned.

1. I can be grateful for the friendships I made and the love I felt in the Tifton ward. I am SO going back! It's better to be grateful for the time you had than to be sad about having to go.

2. It's better to love and hurt than to not love and therefore not feel. I've experienced both. The former is always better.

3. God loves every single one of His children and wants each of us to love them too, even if it's only for a little while. Because maybe that's why we're there!

Y'all, listen. Statesboro is going to get blasted with Sister McKay love!!! Seriously, this town had better watch out.

Love y'all!! Don't forget to find ways to #LightTheWorld, even if it's after Christmas!

Sister McKay

1. McKay Drive! This is at the Macon stake center (a.k.a. Mission Headquarters)
2. "Got Jesus?" "Yep."
3. Elder Bowler, Elder Snow, and Madison. Elder Snow took the next picture and snuck a selfie while he was at it.
4. Largers
5. Sister Rawlins
6. Sister Mills and Tannesha
7 & 8. Sister Adams. I'm way too tall for her!
9. The Mitchems
10. Sister Miller and kids
11. Grandaddy Catell!
12. The Flanders
13. Sister Thomas
14. Olivia
15. Bishop Spikes and fam
16. The Burns
17. Spikes family
18. Brey family
19. Sister Williams! And investigator who's getting baptized on the 23rd!
20. Vicars family
21 & 22. Elder Cayton, our district leader, "died" yesterday. So at district meeting last week, we put together his funeral. We made do with what we had. (Don't worry- it's just a funny tradition when the missionaries leave to go back home.)
























No comments:

Post a Comment