Thursday, January 18, 2018

Our Game

Play Back
We haven't had many investigators in Statesboro recently -- in fact, we've had none at all for the whole time I've been here, until this past week. Yay!

Exchanges. n. The day where we switch around for 24 hours with our Sister Training Leaders (STLs) to get experience with different missionaries, which happens once about every 6 weeks.

On exchanges this time, I went to Pooler, GA, with my amazing STL, Sister Smith. Sister Pitchford and our other STL, Sister Boyer, worked in Statesboro and found two new gators! We're so excited!

Real Time
I am making progress as a person. I'm learning and growing and seeing God's hand in my life on a daily basis. Last week, during personal study, I read Henry B. Eyring's talk, Fear Not to Do Good, from the October 2017 General Conference.

My favorite part of the talk: "Our hearts ... remain changed only as long as we continue to follow the prophet’s counsel. If we stop trying after one burst of effort, the change will fade."

I hope that the change I'm experiencing lasts. I will do everything I can to keep it from fading!

Game Play
I hope you will likewise make a diligent effort to "change" or "repent" every day and to keep that change from fading. Repentance, in its truest and most joyful and beautiful form, is only true repentance if it lasts.

Read the Book of Mormon.

Love,
Me
Myself
Sister McKay




No comments:

Post a Comment