Wednesday, April 18, 2018

No Coincidences

Sister Pitchford has passed through the veil. (By which I mean she has left her "mission life" and gone home!) I stayed in Macon over the weekend with Sister Andersen, who was in my district in Tifton, and Sister DeYoung, who has been on her mission for 3 months. All three of us sent our companions home on Sunday, so we just did missionary work together until this lovely Tuesday morning when we got our new companions.

And, for the first time on my mission, I now have a companion who's younger than me!

Meet Sister Warner
She has been on her mission for about 6 months (which means I've been out more than twice as long as her!), is from South Jordan, likes Chick-fil-A and Reese's (we'll get along really well), and her favorite color is sparkles! I am so excited to get to know her. She seems amazing and so sweet and kind.

So stay tuned for our adventures together!

Y'all, I know we're meant to be companions. I was reading a talk earlier by Elder Rasband called "By Divine Design." (You should totally read it: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2017/10/by-divine-design?lang=eng) Nothing is by accident! God is in the details of our lives, and He is ALWAYS there for us. In his talk, he mentions something President Monson said: "There is a guiding hand above all things. Often when things happen, it’s not by accident. One day, when we look back at the seeming coincidences of our lives, we will realize that perhaps they weren’t so coincidental after all."

When we look at everything as if God is the orchestrator of it all, we'll start to realize how much we see His hand in our lives, because He is! He gave us the Plan of Salvation to guide our lives, which He designed Himself. He knows everything we do and is there for us no matter what.

Let Him in. He won't let you down.

Love y'all!

Sister McKay




No comments:

Post a Comment