Monday, March 20, 2017

Peoples Is Peoples

"The Lord had a perfect church... until He let all of us inside."
-President Eyring's dad.

Day in the Life

I've discovered that there are two important measurements by which missionaries live: Transfers and miles.

Transfers are every six weeks. We do certain things once or twice a transfer. For example, we are required to clean the car at least twice a transfer; Zone Conference is once a transfer. And miles are basically what determine how we go about each day. We had to drive to Macon this week for a training (because I'm new), and that carved out a quarter of our miles for the month. It was a little painful because that means we'll have to do a lot of walking, and that's not as efficient as driving. Oh, well. #positivity!

I've started referring to myself as "Sister McKay" when I talk to myself. It is so weird. I've almost forgotten that my name is Amory on more than one occasion.

Language

Birth. When I came out into the mission field, I was born. My trainer, Sister Hale, gave birth to me. She is my... (cue next definition)

Mission mom (parent). Your trainer.

Death. When your companion is sent home, they die, and you kill them off.

Lock your heart. *thud* This is a phrase used by some missionaries in reference to a talk given to a group of missionaries some time ago. If anyone in our district mentions something about someone of the opposite gender, the missionaries around them say, "Lock your heeeeaaaart!!" in a high-pitched voice. It's gotten a bit annoying. But it's still funny. The "thud" comes after. You use your fist to stab your heart, then turn your fist like you're turning a key. It's actually pretty great. I love it!

People!

So, I only have a couple minutes. But Terra was baptized! Sister Hale and I couldn't be there because we had to go to the training in Macon, but we were there when she was confirmed! It was awesome! It was cool to have a baptism already in my first month. Terra is awesome. She turned 16 the day she was confirmed, and she gave up coffee and tea! It was so cool! She told us that she actually spit out some tea she accidentally drank last week! It was pretty great.

Alright, I wish I had more time, but know that I miss all y'all!

THE GOSPEL IS TRUE!

Sister McKay

No comments:

Post a Comment