Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Not Trunky

What an amazing week!

I'll tell you one thing. We haven't seen oodles of progress with anyone this week. But I've seen it in myself over the past few.

Every week we email our mission president to let him know how we're doing. He also sends an email to all of the missionaries at once to let us know of anything important and to help encourage us in the work. Sometimes he quotes missionaries in that email from what they've written to him that week or a week before. This time, he quoted me! This is what I told him in my email last week.

"I've had some of the happiest days on my mission here, even though some may not have expected the day to be called happy or good, simply because I've had a good attitude: the attitude of faith, hope, and trust."

I really have learned that to submit to God's will is what makes us truly happy. Never think that you know better than God. Because you really don't! He's omniscient. And He loves us so much that He will always help us do things that will make us the most happy.

Love y'all!!!

13 days (and super not trunky),
Sister McKay

Trunky. The attitude of being so excited to go home that you lose focus of your missionary purpose. Don't worry I really am not trunky. But there's nothing wrong with being excited to go home as long as you stay focused. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment